Glendora High School
Expected School-Wide Learning Results
Personally Developing Students who:
- Practice positive solutions to manage individual, physical, and emotional health and well-being.
- Participate collaboratively and effectively in a variety of leadership and supportive roles.
- Exhibit personal and academic integrity.
- Create intellectual, artistic, and physical products and services.
Research and Technologically Proficient Students who:
- Have acquired and can apply computer literacy for word processing, data graphing, spread sheet manipulation, and presenting information through PowerPoint and other software.
- Apply research skills for formal and informal academic and personal purposes.
- Demonstrate presentation skills using new media.
- Use career-related technical and practical skills to explore vocational opportunities.
Information Processors and Critical Thinkers who:
- Set challenging goals and determine the priorities necessary to achieve them.
- Ask questions about their world and know where and how to seek answers.
- Organize their responsibilities and adapt to change.
- Apply logic and scientific reasoning to solve textbook and real-world problems.
Diverse and Dynamically Aware Students who:
- Engage in service learning activities.
- Possess historical awareness of the world and an understanding of the global economy.
- Understand the complex nature of international relationships, comprehend human impacts on the world, and practice habits that are environmentally healthy.
- Interact with communities to improve the lives of others.
Effective Communicators who:
- Are active, careful, and critical listeners.
- Read, write, and speak effectively and critically.
- Access and evaluate information using a variety of means, including technology and world languages.
- Develop a life-long relationship with the written and spoken word.